Terms And Conditions
- Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the blissdive.com website (the “Service”, “Services”) and using the services (the “Service”, “Services”) operated by Bliss Dive (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
- Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, customers and others who access or use the Service.
- By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
- We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Services following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any content on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Quick links to the terms and conditions sections on this page.
- Governing Law
- Maltese Scuba Diving Regulations.
- Deposits, Payment and Cancellation
- Diving Medicals
- Check-In & Qualifications
- Requirements at the Dive Site
- Diving Safety
- Guided & Organised Diving
- Unguided/Independent Diving
- Diving Courses Offered
- Itinerary Changes
- Diving within your qualifications and Experience
- Your Conduct
- Rented or Borrowed Dive Centre Equipment
- Personal Belongings
- Personal Details
- Links to Third-Party Web Sites
- Termination of Access to Bliss Dive’s services
- Medical Insurance
- Force Majeure
- Changes to these Terms & Conditions
- These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
Maltese Scuba Diving Regulations
Any person in Malta offering, promoting or organising recreational scuba diving services is required to be licensed by the Maltese Tourist Authority (MTA) and follow Maltese Law with regards to Recreational Diving Services. The complete regulations can be found on the Maltese Government Website – Recreational Diving Services Regulations. Below are just a few of the regulations that we must adhere to as a licensed dive centre:
- We must obtain a completed and signed self declaration medical statement from each customer stating that you are “fit to dive”.
- We must obtain the customer’s personal and contact details; proof of diving qualifications and experience; a signed statement of understanding; parent or guardian’s consent in case of a minor (under the age of 18).
- On guided or organised dives we are required to have a risk assessment, emergency action plan, dive log, first aid kit, emergency oxygen unit and a mobile phone for contacting the emergency services.
- Divers not meeting the Independent Diver definition (MSA EN 14153-2 with a 30m depth qualification) will need to be accompanied by an Instructor (MSA EN 14413-2) at all times. They cannot be guided by a Divemaster/Dive Leader (MSA EN 14153-3) or equivalent. Independent divers can be guided by a Divemaster/Dive Leader.
- Staff in charge of dives have the right to prevent any client from taking part in the recreational diving services, if after a risk assessment, it is deemed to be in the best interests of client safety.
- Training such as intro dives, or intro sessions, shall be carried out in accordance with ISO 11121.
- Temporary visiting instructors are required to be registered with the dive centre. You will need a full instructor medical with an English translation and instructor liability insurance as you will be held responsible for those in your care.
Deposits, Payment and Cancellation
- The terms below apply once a booking has been confirmed and agreed with you.
- A non-refundable deposit of a minimum of €50 per person is required to secure any booking with us. No booking is secure without this payment. Email confirmation without proof of deposit payment is not sufficient. If you do not turn up at the agreed time and date the deposit is forfeited.
- Full payment is required before you start any service offered by us and can be made beforehand or when you check-in at the dive centre.
- We recommend that all travellers obtain sufficient Holiday Insurance to cover any cancellation fees.
- During the Covid-19 restrictions: if you are legally prevented from travelling by your government then we will issue you a voucher for your deposit or payment that can be used to re-book at an available time when you are allowed to travel again. Any deposits or payments you have made to us will be kept to be used by you at any time in the future. Any purchased PADI codes which have already been activated cannot be refunded. PADI is however offering flexible terms which allow you to complete your training within a 12 month period.
- We reserve the right to withhold certification in the event that the full course price has not been paid.
- Cancellation for non-qualified scuba divers on “try dives” or introductory dives, once booked, will incur the forfeiting of any deposit. Any other payments will be refunded.
- Cancellation for qualified divers: Send a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address used to confirm the booking to make a cancellation. Cancellation within 7 days or less before the check-in date will incur a 10% cancellation fee of the total booking cost. Cancellation within 8 to 31 days before the check-in date will incur a 5% cancellation fee for the total booking cost. Cancellation before 31 days of the check-in date incur no fees and a refund will be provided.
- Failure to attend an agreed and scheduled session without giving us any notice will still be charged and unfortunately cannot be refunded or credited to a future session owing to the cost of resources we would have reserved for you.
- Rescheduling a course or experience after the start time of that session is classed as failure to attend and the point above applies.
- If you are unable to attend a course, or part of a course and provide more than the required notice period for that course, we will endeavour to reschedule your course to another date that is suitable to you without any rescheduling fee. Any part payments made for courses will remain in credit with us to be used by you for up to one year from the booking date.
- Failure to complete the full course requirements for any reason caused by the student may incur additional charges to complete the course at a later stage. This includes not being able to demonstrate competence to meet the performance requirements as laid down by the Agency Course Standards. If you are not willing to pay the additional fees to complete your course, the Diving Agencies referral process will be completed to allow you to complete the requirements at a later date.
- In the event that an unforeseen circumstance arises and Bliss Dive is unable to deliver your course on the arranged dates, we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible and will re-schedule your course. We reserve the right to cancel courses if after a risk assessment diving conditions are unsafe to carry out any activities.
- If you decide not to complete the agreed amount of dives booked with Bliss Dive we unfortunately may be unable to refund you any unused part of your package. The reason we have to do this is to be fair to the staff and resources we have booked to take you diving. We may have also had to turn other customers away that wanted to book on your dates.
- All rates quoted for our services are in Euro and are subject to change without prior notice.
- By law, anyone wanting to dive in Malta or Gozo is required to fill out a signed medical self-declaration form before commencing a diving experience.
- To avoid extra costs and any disappointment, we strongly recommend filling in the forms before you arrive and then, if necessary, discuss any concerns with your personal doctor.
- You can take a look at the Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire provided by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) which is endorsed by DAN Europe, the Recreational Scuba Training Council Europe and the World Recreational Scuba Training Council. There is also an accompanying Diving Medical Guidance document that you may use when discussing anything with your doctor. It is found on the same UHMS page as above.
- Additionally owing to Covid-19. You will be required to fill out a Covid-19 Health Declaration form which can be downloaded from the DAN Europe website.
- Please read through the forms carefully and answer them honestly. Any dishonest answers can put you and others diving at risk. If you have any queries please contact us and we can advise you on your options.
- Answering “YES” to any questions may not prevent you from diving. Your condition could be considered medically manageable by a doctor. In this circumstance, the cheapest and best option for you is to obtain written authorisation in English from your doctor. Get them to fill out the relevant page from the form above indicating that you are “fit to go scuba diving” with your medical conditions.
- On arrival, we can organise a visit to our local dive doctor and assess if you are fit to dive for an extra fee. However, this may delay the start of your activities.
Check-In & Qualifications
- Certified divers need to present their qualification card or we must be able to locate them on an official diving agency online database.
- If no proof can be provided of your qualification, we can only offer an unqualified diver beginner program.
Requirements at the Dive Site
- Clients are required to bring dry clothes to change into after the dive. No wet clothes are allowed in the vehicles.
- It is strongly recommended that you bring water and sun protection lotion and clothing to the dive site.
- The diving in Malta is mainly shore diving and requires walking to the entry points with the equipment. You should be physically fit enough to carry and walk with your own equipment to the entry point.
- Please note that if you have requirements with regards to personal physical ability to walk and carry your own diving equipment to the entry points then this should be prearranged.
- If you are under the influence of drugs are alcohol you will not be permitted to go diving and no refunds can be given under these circumstances.
- You will need to refrain from drinking alcohol or illegal drug use between dives.
Guided & Organised Diving
- Once departing for two dives, if you decide not to do the first or second dive, unfortunately we will have to charge you for the missed dive.
- Divers using our transport to and from the dive sites do so at their own risk.
- The maximum depth for each client is determined, foremost on certification level and you will be expected to stick to this depth limit.
- All dives are planned as non-decompression dives for recreational diving activities. If you would like to organise decompression dives with a suitable qualification then this will need to be pre-organised with us and cannot be mixed with non-decompression qualified divers.
- Divers opting for Technical dives need to book for these separately from our normal recreation dives. Rates for Technical dives vary greatly depending on the clients’ particular request, gases and equipment needed. Rates for these dives will be quoted on an individual basis.
- Maltese law requires that a diver renting equipment and diving independently must be qualified as PADI Advanced Open Water, BSAC Sports Diver or equivalent.
- Divers below this level may not rent equipment independently and will need to be under the direct supervision of an instructor in the water.
- Unguided diving is only recommended for qualified divers who are already familiar with the Maltese dive sites and have experience in planning, managing and leading their own dives.
- A diver wishing to do unguided diving needs to arrange his own buddy. Solo diving is not recommended or encouraged by our dive centre.
- Divers opting for independent diving need to have their own transport.
- Customers renting equipment must check that all equipment is working properly prior to leaving the centre.
- If stolen or damaged, customers are required to reimburse the centre for the item in full.
- The customer renting the equipment is fully responsible for all equipment once it is removed from the Dive Centre.
Children / Minors
- Divers under the age of 18 (minors) will need written parental/guardian consent allowing them to dive.
- Unfortunately, we cannot take responsibility for child care while you are diving.
- You will need to organise the supervised care of any minors while you are diving.
Diving Courses Offered
- If after the first dive on a scuba diver/open water diver course you choose not to continue, the charge will be for an introductory dive.
- Introductory dives are non-refundable if you change your mind once the session has started.
- If you fail to meet the requirements, as with any other course, we reserve the right to suggest remedial training dives or sessions at additional costs.
- PADI Certification fees apply for each successfully completed course.
- PADI fees are included when purchasing the theory online code.
- Once PADI Theory elearning codes have been activated these cannot be deleted or refunded.
- PADI Standards require that appropriate PADI materials are purchased for use on each course. These are charged for extra.
- Students on BSAC Courses are required to have the relevant BSAC Packs. The fee for this, which includes registration with BSAC Headquarters, is not included in the course price.
- We reserve the right to withhold final certification, should the Instructor feel that the student has not reached the required level needed for that level of certification as defined by the training organisation.
- We try our best to adhere to the daily itinerary but we do reserve the right to alter, cut short or cancel the trips either due to weather conditions, medical emergencies or any other reason that may compromise your safety. In the event that this happens, please speak to the management.
- If you have any doubts or queries, we will be happy to chat about your concerns.
- Any predicted dive site location for the days ahead is always subject to change. We will do our best to meet your requests but sometimes locations have to be changed based on conditions and circumstances. Safety is a priority in choosing where to go on any particular day.
Diving within your qualifications and Experience
- Any diver who hasn’t dived in Maltese waters with the same equipment configuration, within at least a few months prior to arriving, will be asked to do a check dive at an easy dive site and at no deeper than 18m. In the interests of safety and to make sure you are comfortable with your equipment and that your weighting is appropriate.
- You may be asked to complete a check dive before beginning a course so that our instructors can gauge your skill level, refresh any areas required and ensure that you prepared to take the course. If your diving level is not adequate to begin the course, for your safety, we reserve the right to postpone your course start date and provide you with options to reach the required level for the associated appropriate fee.
- Refresher Dives – If you have not dived in a while, we may ask you to complete a refresher dive. As a recommendation, you should book a refresher dive if you have: less than 20 dives and not dived for 6 months or more; you have less than 50 dives and not dived for 1 year or more; less than 100 dives and not dived for 2 years or more.
- You will be expected to comply with your diving agencies guidelines, safe diving practices, and any requirements under Maltese Law.
- If you don’t understand anything you are being briefed then please ask questions and check your understanding. We are happy to help explain anything. If you don’t understand because of a language translation problem then also please ask for clarification.
- You will be required to complete any agreed pre-course learning prior to check-in.
- Please show up on time and be prepared to start your diving day. If you arrive late to be fair to other customers the trip may have to leave without you. We will be unable to refund you in this case as your space was reserved.
- Please do not go near the water on your own. It is recommended that you stay with the group and your buddy under the guidance of your dive guide.
- Always perform a buddy check close to the vehicle prior to entering the water or walking to the entry point.
- Fish feeding, collecting of shells, corals, or any living or dead organisms from the sea is prohibited. Please do not touch anything (other than rubbish to be removed from the sea) and respect the sea and the environment.
- The use of any form of artificial lighting is prohibited when photographing seahorses.
- Our staff have the right to refuse access to our services for any diver that willfully or through lack of personal control damages the marine environment.
- Our staff are very passionate about their profession and endeavour to take great care of all clients. If there are any complaints you feel you should make then please speak to a Bliss Dive Manager. Any verbal or physical abuse of any clients or staff is not allowed and may result in termination of the service offered.
- If there is space in the vehicle then non-divers may join the journey to the dive site,
- However, this is entirely at their own risk and we cannot provide supervision or take responsibility for non-divers at the dive site.
- Any swimming, snorkelling or other activities is the responsibility of the non-diver. Any recommendations/advice offered by knowledgeable locals should be respected.
Rented or Borrowed Dive Centre Equipment
- You are responsible for all diving centre equipment rented/used by you and all breakages/losses are chargeable. We cannot be held responsible for any damage to equipment or injury that is caused by negligence.
- Any faults, damage or incidents should be reported immediately to a member of staff.
- Our staff will help you with how to use your dive equipment appropriately. If you are unsure of how to use a piece of equipment then please ask for an explanation.
- Particular attention should be given to the safe handling of cylinders. Any damage caused to equipment by failure to secure tanks while getting ready will be the responsibility of the client. Never leave a cylinder unattended standing up or that may roll away.
- We take no responsibility for any items that are damaged or lost in and around our dive centre or that you bring with you out to the dive sites. Leave your valuables in a safe place and do not take any valuable items to the dive site. Consider removing any valuable jewellery before your dive to avoid any loss or damage.
- Clients are responsible for taking out adequate insurance cover for their diving activities and equipment.
- Personal items or equipment left in the dive centre during the day or overnight are left at the client’s own risk.
- We are required by law to hold your personal details for a period of 7 years. These details will be kept confidential.
- Any personal payment details will not be held after full payment has been made.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
- Any external links to third-party websites are not owned or controlled by Bliss Dive. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Bliss Dive shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
Termination of Access to Bliss Dive’s services
- We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
- All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- It is your responsibility to have adequate Holiday/Dive/Health/Accident Insurance.
- If you are a resident of Europe then make sure your EHIC is valid as any medical bills may be required to be settled before leaving the medical facility.
- It is your responsibility to check your policies that you are adequately covered for the activities and the depth of your qualification.
- The actions of Independent contractors such as Airlines, Tour Operators, Hospitality service providers are not the responsibility of Bliss Dive.
- We reserve the right to shorten a trip, change itineraries or substitute a vessel for emergency, weather or mechanical breakdown reasons.
Changes to These Terms & Conditions
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 15 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.